Wednesday, January 30, 2013

taper week

This week has been pretty slow. I'm trying not to wear myself out before the Surf's City Marathon on Sunday and also I'm feeling burnt out.

Sun: Rest
Mon: 6 miles + crossfit
Tues: crossfit
Wed: 4.5 miles + crossfit
Thurs: Rest
Fri: ?? maybe 3 easy miles
Sat: Rest

I'm not sure what's going on. I'm nervous about the race on sunday. I don't think I'm going to do very well so I don't want to but a lot of pressure on myself. I don't know if its because of the same anxiety, but I'm feeling so unmotivated and lazy.

It's hard to get up in the morning and the thought of running the same route in the cold is not appealing. I really wish it was sunny and dry out so I can get back on the trails.

I don't have a lot of races coming up. Just one in late March (1/2 marathon trail run) so I think it would be good idea to take it easy. Run a little less and maybe the time off will help me get my runner's high back.

In the mean time, I'm loving crossfit. So much that I am already thinking of getting crossfit appropriate shoes. You know it's a big deal when you start looking into apparel/ shoes for an event/ activity.

------------------------
Any tips for getting over a bunt out?

Do you get excited to go shopping for new gear?

Do you find it easier to get out and workout more during the summer, or is that just me?

No comments:

Post a Comment