Friday, February 1, 2013

'crazy fast' and goals

Happy February!!

I went on a quick 4 mile jog this morning. I'm extremely nervous about the race this Sunday. I'm trying to relax and just have fun with it.

Anyway, CrossFit last night was intense.
A. 1 to 10 = deadlift, v-ups. 10lb farmer carry run in between each set.
B. 1K row, 15 ring pulls, 15 box jumps X2. then run 400m

I went easy on the weights (workout A) because of the race this weekend. I went all out for the workout B.

Instead of a lot of weight, I focused on form. I feel like that was a good choice because I always feel like I'm doing the deadlifts wrong, and I think I was. It really helped to focus on the move and not worry about how heavy it was.

The endurance part was hard. I'm still working on mastering the rower. It's a tricky machine. After every set, I felt like my thighs were super tight. After I finished (10:18), the coach looked at me and said "damn, that was crazy fast". I was still trying to catch my breath but I was pretty stocked to hear that.

I'm debating whether or not to go Paleo. Paleo is a diet big in the CrossFit world. The focus of Paleo is big on lean protein, veggies, fruits, nuts and healthy fats. Avoid grains, processed foods, starch, alcohol and dairy.

This month I'm going set a few goals for myself to help me incorporate some Paleo into my life. I don't think Paleo is hard to follow. I do have an unnecessary attachment to sugar and bread. So think month, those two food groups are in focus.

February goals:
1. Eat clean (M-F). No grains or sugar and focus on fresh fruits and veggies and lean proteins.
2. Stretch. Yoga once a week :)
3. Read. One adult book (no magazine, no picture books)
4. Run. Run new routes to spice things up. 100 mile goal for Feb.

No comments:

Post a Comment