Tuesday, April 30, 2013

3 miles and pain returns

I took a week off from running because my left leg was hurting (hip and back of knee area).  This morning I went for a 3 mile run and then worked out on the stationary bike for half an hour, followed by a short weight training session.

After the second mile, the pain in the back of my knee started up again. Not bad or painful, just uncomfortable. My hip feels fine. I'm not sure what could be wrong with my knee or what to do to speed up the healing process.

It's very frustrating because I really want to race and attempt a PR. I'm mentally ready to start training hard again and have already been planning a few races I want to run.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do next. Run less? Ice? Rest?

I have a race on May 19 (I really wanted to run hard for this race) and I'm not sure what's going to happen.

I guess in the mean time, I'll run less and ice/ stretch …. sad face

No comments:

Post a Comment