Saturday, June 15, 2013

what a difference temperature makes!

Last Saturday was super hot ( max 105 degrees). I got up early to try to beat the heat but it was still really warm. I ran for 2 hours and only did 11 miles. It's a little cooler this morning (95 degrees for today) and I felt a lot better during my run. I ran for 2 hours and did 13 miles with positive splits. That means I started off slow (around 10min/mile) and finished faster (9 min/mile).

For the first time in a long time, I felt good about my run.

The rest of the week looked like this:

Sunday- Rest
Monday- Tempo 7 miles
Tuesday- 6X800. slow at 3:50-3:35
Wednesday- 7 miles easy
Thursday- Farlek 6 miles. ( warm up, 200 meters fast, 100 meter jog (4 miles), cool down)
Friday-  Rest + strength

Total miles: 38 miles.

This was a good week. I'm still working on building up my base and getting some better at speed work.

No comments:

Post a Comment