Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Happy National Running Day

Today is National Running Day!! Go out and run :)

I've been trying to get up earlier and try to beat the heat. I didn't meet my goal this morning. I left a little after 6:30 and it was already super bright and warm.

Yesterday I worked on sprints. I did 6X 800. I haven't done this workout in over 2 months so I knew they weren't going to be awesome. They turned out ok, given that I haven't been running fast and my hip has been bothering me. The splits were: 3:45, 3:37, 3:33, 3:37, 3:50. 3;40.

Yeah, not pretty. After the third one my hip started to hurt and it was difficult to push my self :(

The pain comes and goes. Usually if I'm sitting still for more than 10 minutes, I get a cramping pain in my hip (could this be a problem with a nerve???) If I walk or run slow, there isn't any pain. If I run fast or pound too hard then it hurts.

This morning I wanted to go on a shake out run. I did a slow 7 miles with my thoughts. I came home and did some core work and squats.

Its summer aka short shorts so squats are mandatory!

No comments:

Post a Comment