Tuesday, August 21, 2012

the love of my life….

Garmin Forerunner 405




I really really love my garmin sports watch. It's super cool and looks bad ass. I also think it has helped my training a lot since it tracks distance and speed.  I've only had it for a few months, but I already love it so much!! This post is a pro/ con list of all the features.

Pro
1. tracks distance. and it is super accurate.
2. tracks speed. It tells you how fast you go. mine beeps every mile to let me know my splits. (you can modify it)
3. rechargeable battery. even though, i forget to charge it, rechargeable things are cool.
4. you can download software and do cool stuff on your computer (i don't know what kinda stuff, i haven't tried it)
5. visual partner, a little virtual guy that competes with you. you can tell it, i want to run an 8mi/mile, and the little guy will run that and your job is to keep up or beat him.
6. syncs with satellites for GPS and can act as a navigation tool. the screen turns into a compass to help you find the north star.
7. water proof so you can run in the rain. (flashback to LA Marathon 2011 /: )
8. heart rate monitor.  I haven't tried it, but it's a cool feature


Con
1. Cost. It is expensive. I bought an older model and it was still $200. Newer models can cost up to $400
2. It is sensitive. On sweaty days, drops of sweat trigger the touch brezel and it beeps like crazy. This is the only thing that really bugs me.
3. the arm band is a little big, or i have a small wrist.

No comments:

Post a Comment