Saturday, September 1, 2012

20 miles and potato chips

To be honest, I was a little worried about my long run this morning. I wasn't sure if I would feel ok or I would be able to do it. 20 miles is definitely scary.

I never pay attention to my pace during long runs, I just go out and run slow and long. I tried to challenge myself and aimed for the first 10 miles to be under 9:30. It went really well, I was 8/10. I came across a monster hill and it was rough.

I slowed down for the next ten, I was starting to get tired and my hamstrings felt tight. I tried to keep an under 10 min/mil pace. It was pretty close. I finished 20 miles in 3h:15m.

I came home and sunk into an ice bath. I didn't feel too bad on my run (the normal aches and pains) but now I'm starting to feel very sore and tired. and my toe nail hurts. I'm scared to look at it.  I'll be taking it easy for the rest of the day.

Have you tried Lays Kettle Cooked chips? I bought a bag of jalapeƱo flavored chips and they are awesome.

----------------------------
Did you work out today?

Any plans for the long weekend?

Favorite chips?

No comments:

Post a Comment