Friday, September 7, 2012

gummy bear massacre

Like I mentioned earlier, I'll be spending the weekend in Big Bear so I had to get my long run in today because I probably won't have 3 hours to run + all day to recover.

I did the same loop as last week and it was hard. My upper thigh has been a little tight and I felt it today. I ran the first 10 miles under 9mi/miles, and the next 20 at about 10mi/miles or more. It seems crazy to try to do 26 at a consistent 9mi/mile pace. Man, feeling discouraged :(

On a side note I attempted to make vodka gummy bears and they turned out all mushy.  I re-read a recipe that says to place gummies in a plate and cover them in vodka, is that not the same as dumping bags of gummy bears into a bottle of vodka?


Anyway, last night I had a mini-bday party for Anthony. I know I'm lame, but I wanted an ice cream cake.  I also bought him 2 growlers filled with his absolute favorite beer: Stone IPA


-----------------------------

Ever made vodka gummy bears? what did I do wrong?

Ice cream cake vs. regular cake?

Beer fans? Which one?
I an NOT. I don't like the taste or how it makes me feel. Actually I'm not an alcohol fan at all. 

1 comment:

  1. I don't drink so I can't comment/help ya on the vodka thing, lol. I would most definitely take ice cream cake over regular cake. :) Sorry to hear you're discouraged about the run...at least you got the miles in. I finally had a good run last night after 3 difficult ones...it does suck but things will turn around! Enjoy your weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete