Thursday, September 27, 2012

NMW is 17 days and 10 runs away.

Wow. Last week was really hard. 44 miles total and that never again long run really took it out of me. Needless to say, I was sore and tired. Spent the rest of the weekend with ice bags and compression gear.

I'm not sure why I haven't posted in the last few day, (wait, yeah I do. I felt like such a complaining baby on Saturday I wanted to give y'all a break) but here's a little recap

Su- nothing. slept for 15 hours plus a brunch buffet.

M- 7 easy.

T-  9 miles with 3X 1mile repeats. The repeats were alright, not as fast as previous attempts but I stayed in the high 7's.

W- scheduled rest day. Super stressful day at work, finished counting those stupid little nuclei - maybe I can move on to something fun now? no? ok.

Th- 9 miles with 3 @ under 8:30. The rest under 9min/mile. It was a good run. I'm excited that it was some-what consistent.

I feel really tired and slow and achy. It might be because I haven't done any cross training in about a month. I haven't kept up with my dumb-at-home-squat-routine.I need to incorporate more lunges and push-ups into my life and stretching and yoga and recovery.

Also, I'm stressed out about life. My thesis is due in about 4 weeks and I still have so much to do!!


No comments:

Post a Comment