Monday, September 17, 2012

Should I try a tri??

My weekend was pretty good (surprising result from the half left me feeling pretty bad ass!!). Saturday night, Anthony and I went over to his coworker's cousin's house to watch the Canelo fight. The event was a fundraising event to raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphnode Society. The host is fundraising and running a tri at the end of the month. It was really cool because I got to geek out on endurance sports and asked the guy a million questions about running a tri.

 (( Running a tri is number 43 on my bucketlist. Before that, learn to swim))  

On Sunday, I met Anthony's niece. It was her 8th bday party. She is super cute, and it made me homesick for my little babies back home. My cousin has a 6 year old and a 2 year old that I absolutely love and miss like crazy. This means a trip up to Dinuba is on the calendar.

Today, I felt like I needed to shake my legs out his morning. I was feeling a little tight after Saturday's half, I ran a real easy 7 miles. I left my garmin at home. (I'm still upset at it for dying on me on Saturday ) and just ran.

I don't have a lot to report. This week is going to be a little slower because I'm running 22 miles on Saturday. That's the most I have ever run during training. The schedule I'm following is new to me, so I have to trust that it's going to pay off in the end and that I'm getting stronger, faster and more mentally tough with each mile.

It’s supposed to be hard – that’s the only way you’re going to get better. 


Nike Women's Marathon is 4 weeks away. The thought scares me a little.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Share something cool from your weekend/ life? 

What's on your bucket list?

Is there something that you really want to try but are too afraid?

No comments:

Post a Comment