Friday, October 26, 2012

Happy National Pumpkin Day

I woke up this morning and almost didn't go out on my run. It was cold and I'm a big wimp and hate the cold but I went because I missed my run yesterday. I went out thinking of doing 6 miles with 3 at a sub 9 minute per mile pace, and jogging the rest.

The first mile was not that hard, and when I looked down at my Garmin it said 7:30. I was a shocked and tried to make mile #2 about the same. It was hard but it was still under 8- 7:50. I felt like I was pretty much dying after that so I decided to slow down a little. The next 2 miles were both 8:40 and 8:30 and I was really excited because that is still faster than my intended goal. I really wanted to go hard for the last mile, it was hard and my legs felt heavy but I finished around a 7:30. I jogged the last leg home.

I have felt a little out of it lately and my runs haven't been amazing but this morning was really exciting because I felt like I am speedy and I have the potential to get even faster. Training for the marathon felt like I was improving my skills but I was afraid they would diminish as soon as I finished the race and took a break to recover. I'm excited that I don't have to start at square one for the next race, I already have some speed built up.

Tomorrow I'm getting up at 5am to make sure I am on time for my run with my friend Earnie. Can't have a repeat of last week!
-----------------------------------------------

Any Halloween plan?

Today is national pumpkin day- thoughts on pumpkins?

Are you a wimp when it gets cold, or is that just me?





No comments:

Post a Comment