Monday, October 8, 2012

Jitters...




The Nike Women's Marathon is this Sunday, so this week is all about taking it easy.

I did an easy 6 miles today. I almost did my usual 7 mile loop, but I had to remind myself of the game plan. It's always hard for me to run lower mileage. I just feel like if I'm going to get dirty and sweaty, might as well make it a hard/long workout.

I'm starting to get really, really nervous. I'm super paranoid and worried that every ache is a big deal. (PS. my ankle feels funny when I put all of my weight on it. I'm icing like my life depends on it.) Hopefully the jitters wear off soon.

For the past few months, I've been doing a lot of mileage and cross training at the same time, and consequently eating whatever I wanted.  I felt like I was in pretty good shape. In August my gym membership expired and I haven't kept up with the push ups/ lunges,  my mileage decreased but I've still been eating like I was in the peak of training. I've noticed a little more softness in my abs and arms. I realize that I'm still healthy, but it annoys me that I haven't kept up my fitness, been eating healthier and that this whole thing makes me feel insecure. Luckily, I caught it in time and I will be making a few modifications to my diet. I'm okay with it though, because training for Surf City Marathon starts in 2 weeks.                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment