Monday, October 22, 2012

New Training Plan

Do you guys remember when I ran Conquer the Bridge in San Pedro on Labor Day Weekend? At the start line, I saw a coworker, Earnie, and found out that he loves running too and has been running half marathons and marathons for the past 20 years.

He is really nice and has decided to let me in on his training secret. Saturday morning we meet at George Canyon in Palos Verdes at 6am. Luckily, that is only 1 mile away from where I live. The day before, he told me we were going to take it easy, run for 2 hours and not to be scared.

"not to be scared" ? As soon as he said that, I got scared. He's a seasoned runner, I don't want to look like a slow loser and I absolutely don't want to ruin his workout because I can't keep up. I decided to be a little scared and make sure to get rest, fuel and all my other stuff together to make my run with him was pleasant.

This morning, I left my house at 5:45am and jogged over to the Nature Reserve. When I got there, Earnie was gone. I guess I was late and he left with out me. (mental note, be on time!!)

So I ran around the canyon by myself, it was difficult because it was dark and hilly but the weather was nice and the view was amazing (once the sun came up). I ended up doing 13 miles.

Earnie and I made another date for next week, this time I'll make sure to be early.

----------------------------------
workout with friends or alone?
 
Do you get to appointments on time? early? late?

No comments:

Post a Comment