Tuesday, October 23, 2012

pile on the miles

I'm not sore anymore, so I figure I should go back to my regular routine. Today I did 10 hill repeats on that crazy hill near my apartment. I felt like my workout was a little conservative. I'm not sure if it's because I'm stressed out and tired or because my body is beat from the marathon, but it's okay, I'll slowly add in the hard workouts.

I read Run Eat Repeat on a regular basis, and this morning when I checked to see to what up with RER saw this:
---------------------

pile on the miles 2012

Pile On The Miles is an annual event where we challenge ourselves to walk or run more during the month of November. The goal is to pile on extra miles not pounds during this food filled time of year!

Who: Everyone is invited to join

What: Online challenge to walk or run more during turkey month.
When: November 1 – December 1. Winners announced Dec 2nd.
Where: Sign up and Update your weekly mileage on the spreadsheet below
Why: To challenge yourself and encourage others to move moreThis isn’t about weight loss or distance – it’s about doing a little extra this month.
The Rules:
1. Sign up on the Google Spreadsheet by October 31st.
There will be a place for your name, blog address and twitter handle. You must put in a name, but the other entries are optional. 
2. Set a goal at the beginning of the challenge to WALK or RUN x amount of miles. These could be miles on the treadmill OR outside/inside walking OR running. No biking or elliptical miles don’t count.
3.  We will be using calendar weeks Sun-Sat, but the first week is Thur-Sat. It’s clearly marked on the spreadsheet. Please update your miles for the previous week by Monday.
Use this spreadsheet to sign up by Oct 31st at midnight:
------------------
I think this a great idea! I already signed up and my goal is to run 100 miles in the month of November. I think it's a great support system, that way you wont feel like your doing it alone, because you're not! Plus, there are many chances for prizes!!
 ---------------------------------
Do you like group challenges ?
Hills? yay or nay?
Does you eating plan/ diet go out the window for the holiday season?

No comments:

Post a Comment