Wednesday, October 17, 2012

transformation happens, change occurs


I realize that I have said that Nike Women's Marathon and Wounded Warrior Half were not my best races. And it's true, I didn't fuel correctly (NWM) and I was sick (WWH) so I didn't perform the way I wanted. But I shouldn't say that they sucked, because looking at them with a positive mindset, I did great. 

Wounded Warrior Half Marathon (September 15)
- I ran the fastest half marathon to date. 
- I wasn't sure if it was true, but yesterday I got conformation (via a certificate and a $10 gift card) that I won first place in my age group in the Half Marathon 
- I was not sore the next day, and got right back on my training plan. 

NWM (0ct 14)
- 20 miles under 9min/mile (15 @ 8:30) -- this is crazy for me to wrap my head around. 
- Fastest full marathon.
- Confidence to know I would have done better if I had fueled properly
- lesson learned: eat well before, during and after races
- Not dying of pain or soreness. Ran 4 miles 2 days after with no problem. 

Overall, I think I am doing pretty darn good and it's time for me to stop focusing on the negative and embrace all the accomplishments. Training for months was difficult, but everyday I laced up my shoes and went for a run, it might not have been perfect but gave it my all. I'm starting to see myself transform as a runner and that's encouragement enough to keep going. 

No comments:

Post a Comment