Sunday, January 13, 2013

a new 22 mile route + Galaxy locker room

My long slow run this weekend was exactly that, long and slow.

I usually do 10+ miles or hills on Palos Verdes Dr. which is right down the road from my place. I heard if you keep going down that street it goes down to the coast and you can make a hilly and scenic 20 mile loop.

Before I left I mapped it on mapmyrun.com just to be sure. I was super excited that this application provided the altitude map.

The run was slow because there were so many hills and my thighs felt tight the moment I left my apartment. However, the run didn't feel long. Maybe it was the scenic/route change but it went by pretty fast, even though it took me almost 4 hours to complete.



Map Options
Map data ©2013 Google - Terms of Use
2 km
2 mi
    
453ELEVATION (ft)13.1817.5704.398.7821.960307614921
208 ftStart Elev
1138.0 ftMax Elev
1719.0 ftGain
 1
 1
 1























I came home and sat in icy-ICE water. Knees and ankles were achy and I think the ice bath helped. The rest of the day was spent lounging around, but not before getting out LA Galaxy fix. 

The Home Depot Center was sponsoring a little get together for ticket holders. There were a bunch of kids playing on the field and we got a little tour of the place. Please excuse my messed-up bangs. I spent way too much time with my ice bath and only had 10 minutes to get ready. 



LA Galaxy Locker room! eeek!


----------------------------------------
Do you use map your run/ google maps/ any other app to map your walks/ runs?

Do you ever try out new routes on a whim or do you have to check them out first?

Have you ever been inside a professional team's VIP area? locker room/ suites/ lounge?





No comments:

Post a Comment