Wednesday, January 9, 2013

fresh air

The weather forecast is predicting rain for tomorrow. That made me think that the trails might be dry since the last time it rained was 2 weeks ago and I should get a run in before the water gets here.

Three miles in, I was so excited and happy I choose to run on the trail today. Everything was so green. There were new patches of grass and little flowers/berries on the trees. The ground was covered in leaves and the dirt was wet but not muddy. And the fresh air smelled amazing, like winter in a bottle.

Until I got to one little trail that is always always wet, even in the summer. For half a mile,  I tried not to slip and ended up with mud up to knees. I'm glad I wore my trail shoes since they really helped grip the clumps of mud and kept me from slipping.

The weather was perfect. I wore winter workout clothes and still felt the breeze as I was climbing the hills. The workout was hard. The last time I ran this course was in early November. Its crazy how fast you lose fitness for a specific activity/ or route when you haven't done it in a while. I definitely felt like I was huffing and puffing and my thighs and calves we're burning. Super hard, sweaty and fun- my favorite kinda run.

On another note, I've been having a weird pain the arch of my left foot. I don't notice it unless I'm walking around barefoot and mostly when I point my toes up. It feels like the muscle but I'm not sure and Dr. Google isn't providing any real helpful info.

I'll be attending crossfit tonight, I'll let you know how that goes...
---------------------------------
Do you take walks/ hang out outdoors during the winter?

Do you consult Dr. Google when something's off? or a real Dr?

How often do you do cardio workouts? strength training?

No comments:

Post a Comment