Tuesday, January 15, 2013

need upper body strength

The WOD tonight was simple but killer.

For 10 minutes we worked on 2000 meter on the rowing machine. Rowing is hard, my arms felt like lead and my legs were a little bit tired at the end. 2000 meters is a long time, by the way. I finished at 8:50 so I had about a minute before the next portion of the WOD started. For the final 10 minutes we were doing as many reps of possible of 5 pull ups, 10 pushups, 15 squats. I got through 8 full reps plus 10 squats, almost 9 full reps.

The pull ups were brutal. I used the rubber bands for help and I still think they were hard. My goal is to be able to do 5 pull ups without the bands. I need to keep working on my upper body strength.

After that much work, even the pushups were hard. I was looking forward to the squats and wished they lasted a little longer since they gave my arms a break.

Overall, I think I did good. I enjoyed the burning sensation and achy feeling in my arms.

Plus, at the end the trainer came up to me very discretely and gave me a fist pump. I think that means I did good! Yes, I am a total teachers pet and work extra hard for teacher approval.

------------------------
Anybody else a people pleaser?

How is your upper body strength?

Can you do an unassisted pull up? 

No comments:

Post a Comment