Tuesday, February 12, 2013

sprints and pets

My long run on Saturday morning was an easy 11 miles.

Sunday. <rest>

Monday. 7 miles.

Tuesday. 6X800 sprints @ 3:32

The weather has been really nice, a little cool and perfect for hard running. The thing is, I haven't really felt like running hard. Running slow has been a challenge. I don't know what the deal is, my body feels ok, I'm just haven't been super excited about running right now-which is totally fine. Today, things shifted and my sprints were awesome. My legs hurt from the sprints but it brought back a much needed runner's high. but it may have been the answer to getting over my runner's slump.

I wanted to share my weekend with y'all. I know, this is really late, but bear with me.

Saturday night we went to dinner and a show at Sevilla in Long Beach. I was excited because I spent a semester in Spain and really loved it. This place was ok, the food was below average but it was a fun night. The flamenco dancing was really cool. The sangria was just like I remembered it, strong.



Sunday morning we went to church. After, we made an unexpected stop at Reptile Finders in Lomita. We left with this little gal… 



It's a leopard gecko and the sales guy told us it was a girl. We also left the store with a habitat setup. 


I really like reptiles. In all honestly, I'm a little scared of them, but I think they are awesome. They remind me of mini- dinosaurs. I think reptiles are a good balance for me, they are cool but they stay in their cage and are low maintenance.  I have a tortoise and she's lovely. 

I'm not a fan of other kind of pets; cats scare me, fishes are boring, dogs I can handle (if they are well behaved and super cute).

-------------------------------
Do you have a pet?
Ever seen a flamenco dance?

Ever been in a workout slump- tips on getting out?




No comments:

Post a Comment