Tuesday, April 2, 2013

finding a new running path

I'm semi moved-in. It's still a little weird because my stuff is still in boxes, in storage and just disorganized.

Last night, I went on a 7 mile run. I don't' normally run at night, but I spent the morning cleaning and unpacking. My run seemed a little more difficult than normal. I don't know if the elevation level is different in Dinuba more than in LA because I was out of break within 500 meters of my run.

Also, finding a new running path is always an adjustment. I've gotten so use to my normal routine that it feels like a challenge to 1) decide on the milage and 2) what path to take.

This morning I did some speed work. One mile warm up and then 6 X800 meter runs.

Ever since the half marathon 2 weeks ago, the back of my leg feels uncomfortable. It feels a little tight and stiff. In the middle of my sprints, I felt that weird feeling and it definitely put a damper on my run. Its been difficult to run hard because it does feel uncomfortable and I don't want to hurt myself.

I think I am going to take a few days off and do my cardio on a stationary bike.
---------------------
Best kind of cardio?

PM or AM workout?

Tell me about your running path?

No comments:

Post a Comment