Friday, May 31, 2013

focusing on form

This morning, I was in Visalia (30 minutes from where I live) and I decided to run somewhere new. I ran on a bigger street, it was long and busy but there weren't many stop lights which helped me keep moving. 

It was so much easier (mentally) to run on a bigger street. I picked a far away landmark and ran to it and then back. Dinuba is super small. I think the whole town is 2 miles wide, which makes it hard to run a decent distance without going in circles. 

My hip hurt every now and then. I tried to focus on my form and keep my hips steady. Pretty much, I tried to stop my hips from swinging and just move forward. It definitely helped and hurt less when I focused. 

I ran 10 miles today and am thinking of running 10 tomorrow for a back to back long run. We'll see how I feel about that tomorrow morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment