Thursday, November 8, 2012

LA Galaxy: only one team in Cali

Wow! Wow! Last night was amazing.

Remember my Monday post where I recapped my weekend and the LA Galaxy game. They played San Jose and lost 0-1. Last night was the second game of the Western Conference Semi-Finals. Anthony and I joined a bunch of LA Galaxy fans at a bar to watch the game.

I can't even begin to tell you how awesome it was. LA scored 3 goals in the first half, 3 GOALS!, they were aggressive and the defense was on point. The fans at the bar went absolutely crazy when LA scored, it was so much fun. It was a well played game, the final score was 3-1. The MLS does this thing where the goals in series are added up and the team with the most goals moves up. With the aggregated score of 3-2 LA moves on to play for the Western Conference Championship! Amazing. You have to read about it here.


When the Earthquake fans were here on Sunday, they had signs that said "there's only one team in Cali" or "we rule this state". Turns out there is only one worthy soccer team in California- and they are in LA. :) 

This morning I headed out to do speed work. On my way out the door I noticed 1) it was raining 2) my Garmin didn't turn on- batteries dead 3) gosh darn it!

It's okay, I did them anyway, same as last week, 6X 800's. I don't think they were lightning fast but I did feel it in my legs and lungs so I'm pretty sure the number was around 3:40 for each 800.

I'm running a Half Marathon on Sunday and I am torn. I know I have bigger races to look forward so I don't  want to put too much pressure on myself but at the same time I'm competitive and want to PR. I don't know what I will do yet, but as of right now I have plans for an easy run on Fri and a 10 mile trail run on Sat. It might be too much, it might be okay...

----------------------------
Rain? yay or nay?  I love it!

Are you good about charging your electronics?

Ever been to a championship game (any sport)?

No comments:

Post a Comment